|Wine Director John Toigo|
All classes are held from 5:30 to 7 pm.
Take advantage of special pricing by purchasing a series (not including the April 4 class, “The Older the Better”)
3 classes $225
4 classes $315
Thursday, March 14, 2013
“Baby, it’s Cold Outside”
Sure, it’s March. But the weather is still showing us it’s not quite spring. We’ll explore (and of course taste) these wines that are perfect for winter and the lingering transition to spring.
These are the big, velvety wines you want to drink by the fireside on your bear-skin rug.
- Poggio al Tesoro, “Sondraia”, Bolgheri 2008
- Tasca d’Almerita, Tenuta Regaleali, Cabernet Sauvignon, Palermo 2008
- Firriato, “Camelot”, Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot, Trapani 2003
- Brancaia, “Blu”, Maremma 2008
- Tommasi, “Ca’ Florian”, Amarone della Valpolicella, Classico 2001
“The Older the Better”
***$170 per person***
It’s all about VINTAGE. These wines are old …. but we’ll taste some younger incarnations of the same wines to explore the benefits of aging. This class will feature some truly exceptional wines.
- Canalicchio di Sopra, Brunello di Montalcino, Tuscany, Italy 2007
- Canalicchio di Sopra, Brunello di Montalcino, Tuscany, Italy 2004
- Canalicchio di Sopra, Brunello di Montalcino, Tuscany, Italy 2001
- Canalicchio di Sopra, Brunello di Montalcino, Tuscany, Italy 1999
- Ferriere, 3rd Growth, Margaux, Bordeaux, France 1995
- Cantina Vignaioli, Elvio Pertinace, “Castellizzano”, Barbaresco, Piedmont, Italy 1997
- Mastroberardino, “Radici”, Aglianico, Riserva, Taurasi, Campania 1999
“Bubbles for All Occasions”
From Champagne to Prosecco to Franciacorta … the methods and makers of sparkling wines and what makes the amazing Italian sparklers such a good value.
- Mazzolino, Metodo Classico, Brut, Rose, Oltrepo Pavese, Lombardy NV
- Ferrari, “Perle”, Metodo Classico, Brut, Trento 2006
- Ca’ del Bosco, Brut, Franciacorta, Lombardy NV
- Pierre Moncuit, Grand Cru, Blanc de Blancs, Brut, Le Mesnil, Champagne, Frane NV
- Billecart-Salmon, Brut, Rose, Mareuil-Sur-Ay, Champagne, France NV
- Zardetto, Prosecco, Brut, Veneto, Italy NV
- Giacomo Bologna, “Braida”, Bracchetto d’Acqui, Piedmont, Italy 2010
“The World Cup of Pinot Noir”
In the wine cellar as on the soccer field, there are different styles. We’ll taste pinot noirs from France, Italy and the United States , as well as a newcomer from New Zealand.
- Ca’ del Bosco, “Pinero”, Sebino, Lombardy, Italy 2007
- Frédéric Magnien, “Herbuottes”, Morey-Saint-Denis, Burgundy, France 2007
- Clouds Rest, “Limited Release”, Sonoma Coast, CA 2007
- Loimer, “Dechant”, Kamptal, Austria 2007
- Bodega Chacra, “Barda”, Mendoza, Argentina 2010
- Spy Valley, “Envoy”, Marlborough, New Zealand 2007
Thursday, July 11, 2013
“Maria’s Favorite Wines of Spain”
These are the Spanish wines we love to drink.
- Lopez de Heredia, “Viña Tondonia”, Tempranillo, Reserva, Rioja 2001
- Lopez de Heredia, “Viña Tondonia”, Tempranillo, Grand Reserva, Rioja 1994
- Jean Leon, “Vinya La Scala”, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grand Reserva, Penedes 2001
- Jean Leon, “Vinya La Scala”, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grand Reserva, Penedes 1994
- Los Astrales, “Astrales”, Tempranillo, Ribera Del Duero, 2009
- Anima Negra, “AN”, Callet/Mantonegre/Fogoneu, Mallorca, Spain 2010
To register for classes or for more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 628-2888.
Payment must be made at the time of reservation via credit card or cash.
Class Cancellation Policy
Cancellations with a full refund are accepted up to 72 hours prior to tasting date. No refunds will be granted for cancellations after this point.
If we must cancel or reschedule the class for any reason, your registration fee will be refunded or you may elect to transfer your balance to a future class.
There are no prerequisites for our classes. Our goal is to build our customer’s confidence in selecting wines and increase their enjoyment of wines.
Allergies and Dietary Restrictions
If you are registered for one of our classes and have an allergy or dietary restriction, please let us know in advance by emailing email@example.com so that we can do our best to accommodate you.